[Coco] Mercurial Q

Willi Kusche CoCo at wilserv.com
Thu Oct 4 19:48:24 EDT 2012

Hi!

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Bob wrote:
> can some knowledgeable person here give me a quick example how to use Mercurial (hg) to check out the NitrOS9 repository? I've read the docs, but..... :(

    Below my sig is the text of a message, appearing in the
comp.sys.apple2 news group, that gave me enough information to grab
the source.  That was two months ago.  Not sure I could do it again.

Willi

Message text:
On 07/31/2012 06:57 PM, A2CPM wrote:

> I looked at the NitrOS-9 site, hoping to find source files.  If they're
> there, it wasn't obvious to me.  Would someone be kind enough to check the
> site to point out to me what I missed when I looked?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nitros9

Look at the pulldown under 'Code'.  You'll need Mercurial (free SCM tool) to
extract a local copy (directions provided).

hg clone http://nitros9.hg.sourceforge.net:8000/hgroot/nitros9/nitros9

There does appear to be a Windows client, but since I never use Windows unless
a gun is being held to my head I have no experience with it.

I agree the documentation is sub-optimal in terms of explaining this.  I don't
think it would have killed anyone to simply show an example command line.

Would recommend looking at Boisy Pitre's work on porting Level 1 to the Atari
130XL (he developed a 6809 piggyback board for this).