[Coco] Booting NitrOS-9 from MESS

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Oct 4 08:55:29 EDT 2012

Bob Devries wrote:
> Robert, Aaron, et al,
>
> I just tried the latest nightly build using nos9l2v030209coco3_dw.dsk. It had
> three D0 descriptors. After fixing that error, I now get i2xoC*X which I think
> means "Pathname not found" (error 216).
>
> I checked to see if shell, sysgo and grfdrv are in their right places, and have
> their permissions set. They do.
>
> It seems that the DD module uses the driver "rbdw". I guess that means that I
> must have a boot disk in slot 0 (/X0) of the drivewire server?

Yes, that should be the case.

> If that's so (and I just tried it, and it works) why are all the files necessary
> on the disk image?
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

I thought I reported that the descriptors not only don't use the correct names
but also are for single sided instead of double sided disks. Therefore they
don't match the structures of the .dsk images in the nightly build and you get a
bad path error.

Not sure what your last question means? What files on the disk image?