[Coco] MIDI with drivewire 4

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 02:20:05 EDT 2012

Bob, you should get a list on the screen that's numbered. It should list all available midi drivers on your system.
 Is the file "DW" in your current CMDS dir? if not, then nothing is getting set. I haven't put many "error traps" in yet so most errors will go unreported. And since the screen is redrawn almost immediately after you hit a number, any "error 216" would be erased anyway. I need to set up an error trap that does an overlay window to let you know what's going on.
 I run this system A LOT daily as I'm working on it. Also, others seem to be running it fine. It has to be something on your end. The only thing I can think of at the moment is no dw in the CMDS. This is the cmd to talk directly to the DW console and I use it to set the midi ports. I hope to build this into SoundChaser so it doesn't need to be loaded. That's coming soon as I get all the players working right.

Try typing on an os9 command line

dw midi status

and see what you get.
If it lists to the screen, this is the same list you should be seeing in SC. If it's error 216, then you don't have it. You need to copy it from one of the DW ditro disks to your CMDS

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com