[Coco] MIDI with drivewire 4

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 23:42:49 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I haven't played with drivewire for some time, so today I downloaded the DW4 package.
>
> Question: How do I use the MIDI part of the DW server from OS9 on my Coco3? Is there a special driver/descriptor?

You just need to send MIDI data over one of the virtual channels
(/Nx).  Most software seems to only be happy if the descriptor is
named "/MIDI" but that is just an arbitrary limitation of the
software, DW4 doesn't care.  The Nitros9 disks built for drivewire
have such a /MIDI descriptor on them already.. it's just a renamed
/N14.