[Coco] Raspberry Delight

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:05:20 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM, john dumas <JohnDumas at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On 10/1/2012 3:36 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>>
>> The server runs just fine on the stock Raspbian image.  Just do
>> apt-get install openjdk7-jre or something like that to get the JRE,
>> and apt-get install librxtx to get the rxtx serial libraries, and
>> you're set.
>>
>> The GUI will not run on the Pi currently, but I wouldn't think you'd
>> want to run it there anyway.
>
> Guess I''m kinda dumb - only ran dw3 in the past - but how without GUI would
> you select, and
> unselect, which disk images to assign to which drive #. Does dw4 have a
> console
> command interface? Or can you run it remotely from the coco?

If you use OS9, you can manage all aspects of dw4 from the coco using
the 'dw' utility that is on the dw flavored nitros9 disks.  For DECB
it's theoretically possible but the software doesn't exist yet.

You can also run the GUI on a different machine than the server, and
that is what i'd recommend for the Pi.  The server will run on any
machine with a JRE and the rxtx libs, more than 30 different systems
last time I checked, however the GUI is a bit more picky, at least as
I package it.  You can run the GUI on any supported platform
(win/lin/osx * 32/64) and connect to the server over IP.