[Coco] Interbank Incident for Drivewire ?

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 18:01:27 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
> Arthur Flexser wrote:
>>
>> Out of curiosity, why would it work with a CoCo 2 but not a CoCo 1?
>>
>> Art
>>

> Actually I don't know what will happen and made an assumption based on the
> NitrOS-9 project. If you look at the Level1/coco section, you will see that
> two types of disks get built, coco1_dw3.dsk and coco2_dw3.dsk. There is no
> such distinction for non-Drivewire disks.
>
> Aaron, Boisy, or Darren Atkinson would be the ones to ask about this
> difference, and what it is.

The bit-banger routines in DriveWire for the CoCo 1 are timed to
operate at 38400 bps. This is because the CoCo 1 uses an OpAmp to
shift the voltage of the TxD output, whereas the CoCo 2/3 have the
SALT chip. The CoCo 1 OpAmp can't handle the faster 57600/115200 rates
used in the CoCo 2/3 routines.

Darren