[Coco] EZGen on NitrOS9 level 1

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Nov 24 11:48:32 EST 2012

On Saturday 24 November 2012 11:37:36 Bill Pierce did opine:

> Gene,
> This is actually a Nitros9 level 1 bootfile so I doubt it has the extra
> bytes.

The OS9Boot file does not have those..  It is mainly so rsbasic knows its a
legit fle & what to do with it.

> The whole problem is trying to get InterBank Incident to run on
> Drivewire. I made a Nitros9 level 1 DriveWire boot and then stripped it
> down to nothing but the DW drivers. The bootfile is actually smaller
> than the original Tandy boot installed on the game disk. BUT, after
> booting and trying to run the game, it reports "not enough memory".
> From what I read in the manual to the game, you get that error if there
> is not enough contegious memory to set up a 6k pmode4 graphics screen,
> and it probably needs 2 screens, one for the game and one to set up
> items to get/put to the main screen. But it may just use one. Anyway,
> the Nitros9 level 1 boot shows more memory usage than the larger Tandy
> boot. The question is, do you know a memory mp progrzam that will show
> memory usage of each system module? pmap & smap only show total system
> usage and not individual usage. I'm suspecting it's the newer shell
> being used by Nitos9 as that seems to be the culprit lately to a lot of
> Nitros9 memory problems.
>
> Bill P

I wonder if theres a clash of sorts because this game probably uses gshell?
OTOH, I'm about as far from a gfx guru as you'll get in these here parts.
:)

Shellplus is considerable smaller than shell21, but ISTR I found there were
things it could not do, so I personally have not used shellplus in at least
a decade.  Consequently I am ill equipt to comment on it.

Any one with more recent experience, please chime in here.