[Coco] Cocofuse Was: DW4 and Linux sound

Fred D. Provoncha fredprov5 at usfamily.net
Sun Nov 18 16:23:07 EST 2012

On 11/18/2012 2:28 AM, coco-request at maltedmedia.com wrote:
> On 11/17/2012 5:17 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>> >That's good!  I've been getting a lot of "just worked" reports lately,
>> >so I think I'm finally getting close to where I wanted it to be.  Not
>> >quite there yet, but close.
>> >
> Aaron,
>
> Well.. you can add me to the 'just works' report also. I haven't touched
> a CoCo let alone DW4 since spring/summer of 2011 - until two weeks ago.
> Downloaded to my Win7 x64 machine and been playing around ever since.

As I've reported recently, I also have finally got Drivewire running
successfully. The most-recent version, 4.3, apparently fixed a couple
bugs that were causing me trouble. Thank you! So now everything seems to
be working just fine, except for one little problem with one of the
Toolshed tools: cocofuse. Whenever I mount a disk on a local folder, and
then try to acces that folder, I get the following error:

"Th folder contents could not be displayed. Sorry, could not display the
contents of 'testfolder': File name too long."

I did a little research & found that this problem was discussed back in
2009 on this List. It was reported that the bug had been fixed and an
updated version of cocofuse was uploaded, but I suspect that only the
Windows version was updated? Or perhaps it was uploaded to a different
location than the one I downloaded it from? According to my system the
cocofuse file inside of the  the Toolshed for Linux package has a "last
modified" date of 10/12/2008, which was before the 2009 discussion of
the bug & it's fix.

Did I download Toolshed from the wrong location? Could someone point me
to the location of the updated version?

Thanks,

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT