[Coco] coco serial port

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Wed Nov 7 19:14:31 EST 2012

By real serial port are you referring to a parallel printer port?

A: There was a mod that involved adding another 6821 to the CoCo for a
parallel printer port.
B: The Cooking with CoCo series had a hardware parallel port in an add on
card.
C: There were a few disk drive controllers that had parallel printer ports.
D: There were a couple serial to parallel converters.
E: There may have been a few other attempts that I missed.

FWIW; the printer port on the CoCo is serial.  The voltages however are not
RS-232 compliant.

Bruce W.