[Coco] A CoCo Coding Contest

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Fri Nov 2 11:58:59 EDT 2012

Since this issue seems like it's going to cause some division, what about two categories? Previously published and revised program, and newly created program? That would be better than handicapping a
previously published revised program. I would think that any previously published program does need some new revision to qualify. Would re-writing from BASIC to pure ASM be enough?? I know that's a good bit of work, and some portions of code would need total re-writing -- I'd think it would be enough of a revision.

--------------
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 09:48:55 -0600
From: William Astle<lost at l-w.ca>

Retro Canada has pretty much expressed my sentiments.

I think that would also exclude a "rewrite" of an old project, as well.
(I have a couple of programs that were published in CFDM that I might
consider redoing in pure asm or something like that but they have
already been published in fully functional form so that might be
considered cheating.)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:56:56 -0400
From: Aaron Wolfe<aawolfe at gmail.com>

Would it be acceptable to simply say the time period over which an
entry was developed (including previous versions or alternate
implementations by the author) must be disclosed and will be used as a
factor in the judging?

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine