[Coco] wikipedia entry on "floppy disk hardware emulator"

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Tue May 29 16:03:11 EDT 2012

Oh, so type "floppy emulator" into eBay search and I get four pages of
results, some in the $20+ range.  Wonder why google struck out for me...
might have to pick one of these up sometime--I agree kind of a toy, and I'm
a drivewire junky so really don't need it.  Still kind of neat though that
you could probably take coco disk controller, take one of these floppy
emulators, perform some kind of combiniation re-pack into a cartridge, can
probably steal 5V from coco someplace, and then you'd have coco+catridge
system and nothing else needed to be able to plug a USB drive directly into
your coco, no DOS patch necessary so 100% compatibility with everything...
I'll add this to my list of projects that I'll really never get to.

-Robert