[Coco] Are MC68B09E's and HM63C09E's as well as various support chips still available?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat May 26 07:59:54 EDT 2012

On 25 May 2012 at 12:08, John Kent wrote:

> Hi James & Computer Doc,
>
> I am working on updating the FPGA 6809 design to include 6309
> instructions. I have bursts of enthusiasm from time to time and then I'm
> distracted by other things. As I mentioned on the list before, I have a
> 6809 SoC on the XESS XuLA board, which is a 200K gate FPGA. It includes
> the CPU, PS/2 keyboard interface, serial port & text VDU as well as a
> monitor ROM. It has 1MB of RAM with Dynamic Address Translation. It's a
> very tight fit in the FPGA. I'm not sure the 6309 design would fit.
>
> I might write later. I have had a friend call in.
>
> John.

John

Kind of in the same mode as you are. I started some ideas on a 6309 instruction set. I have
done little with it over the past year. Right now I am trying to get some PCB designs for an
automated Christmas display this year. Starting to get through the busiest time of the year for
work and can get some extra time later this summer maybe I can resume that work.

I kind of like that Xess XuLA board. Thanks for the tip on that. Better price and a bit more
simpler than Enterpoint's Craignell modules. Outside the SDRAM, it is a neat little module.

james