[Coco] Are MC68B09E's and HM63C09E's as well as various support chips still available?

John Kent jekent at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 24 22:08:20 EDT 2012

On 25/05/2012 4:22 AM, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> On 23 May 2012 at 23:47, Computer Doc wrote:
>
>> Has anyone recreated the 6809 or the 6309 in one of the FPGAs as a
>> separate chip for inclusion in a breadboard design?  I'm glad to have found
>> others that are into the Coco 3 as much I was and am again.  Have a great
>> day and may God Richly Bless You all.  Thank you all in advance.
> The 6809 as well as a complete Coco3 has been reproduced within both the XILINX and
> ALtera FPGAs. As to this date I am unaware of anyone that has done a 6309 in an FPGA.
>
> james
Hi James & Computer Doc,

I am working on updating the FPGA 6809 design to include 6309 instructions.
I have bursts of enthusiasm from time to time and then I'm distracted by
other things.
As I mentioned on the list before, I have a 6809 SoC on the XESS XuLA
board, which is a 200K gate FPGA.
It includes the CPU, PS/2 keyboard interface, serial port & text VDU as
well as a monitor ROM.
It has 1MB of RAM with Dynamic Address Translation.
It's a very tight fit in the FPGA. I'm not sure the 6309 design would fit.

I might write later. I have had a friend call in.

John.

--
http://www.johnkent.com.au
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jekent