[Coco] A Technical Question

T. Franklin tim at franklinlabs.com
Sun May 20 10:04:11 EDT 2012

Interesting point but if you combine his idea with mine, the "pushing the graphics around" issue isn't too much of one. Use the FPGA to not only generate the higher graphics resolutions but, after adding external DRAM, use the FPGA to also act as a graphics engine. Add a sprite state machine and other forms of graphics controls accessed through a port or two. Download the graphics to the engine to be stored in some on-board RAM. Then use the CoCo to issue commands to the state machine to do the high speed functions. This leaves the CPU to take care of the gameplay tasks.

Just think'in