[Coco] Kinda off-topic, kinda crazy question about the Liber809

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri May 11 02:38:26 EDT 2012

On Friday, May 11, 2012 02:31:00 AM Arthur Flexser did opine:

> I'm pretty sure I remember a Z80 board for the CoCo that was
> advertised in Rainbow and ran CP/M.
>
> Art
I have that same memory Art.  Never developed any interest in it however
since my first experience at writing code was for a pair of Z-80
MicroProfessor boards one of which turned out to have a broken Z-80 on it
that they wouldn't replace.  Plumb spoilt any taste I might have had for a
cpu whose conditional branch architecture I would call broken only in my
kindest moments.

But I hadn't met the 6809 yet, that was in 1981. The 6809, when I did meet
it in about 1985, was a breath of fresh spring air.  Then when the 6309 was
discovered, things got even better.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
"I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'M NOT GOING!"