[Coco] Liber809

Brendan Donahe brendan at polylith.com
Thu May 10 10:26:23 EDT 2012

The 130XE is the most modern of the 8-bit line as sold in the US (other
than the XEGS) and comes stock with the most RAM (128k).  Unlike others in
the line, there are very few (no?) odd compatibility problems with the rest
of the line that I'm aware of.  (Although the 1200XL is cool, it's a bit of
an odd animal.)

In general, it's probably a toss-up between the 130XE and the 800XL (64k
RAM stock).  I like the 800XL keyboard better.  The 130XE has,
unfortunately, a physically incompatible expansion bus connector but the
good news here is that most peripherals and SIO2PC still hook up via the
serial bus.

For more details, read here:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/atari-8-bit/faq/

Someday, it would cool to get my hands on a 1020 plotter...I wouldn't be
surprised if my CoCo CGP-115 plotting programs worked with it since they're
the same ALPS mechanism.

Brendan