[Coco] Coco] Good Mac Mini deal...

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu May 10 03:48:04 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 3:40 AM, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 10, 2012 03:39:35 AM Tony Cappellini did opine:
>
>> Message: 10
>> Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:25:21 -0400
>> From: Frank Swygert <farna at amc-mag.com>
>> Subject: [Coco] Good Mac Mini deal...
>> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>>
>> I know some of you guys are into Macs, but I was really thinking that a
>> Mac Mini would be a really neat Drivewire server for a CoCo, so this is
>> more or less CoCo related. Right at $200 with shipping, PowerPC G4 1.42
>> GHz, 512 MB RAM (can go to 1GB), 80 GB HD, Mac OS X 10.3.7 installed.
>> Would need a USB to serial converter though.
>>
>> I must have missed something about Drivewire.
>> I thought it was a Windows app. How can it run on a Mac without using a
>> virtual machine?
>>
> Java IS the virtual machine.

To expand on what that means:  DriveWire 4 runs on Windows 9x, XP,
Vista/7, any somewhat recent Mac OSX, any Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and
probably many others that I haven't tested.

Even DriveWire 3 has Windows, Mac and Linux versions (these are
different binaries, unlike DW4).

I don't think Windows has ever been a requirement, and it certainly is
not today.
-Aaron