[Coco] Friday Ebay Madness...

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sat May 5 18:29:10 EDT 2012

On 4/05/2012 6:47 PM, Rogelio Perea wrote:

> Saw also a Deluxe RS232 and a J&M disk controller from an Australian vendor
> set for buy now at AU$99.00. Plus the shipping charge.

Saw those myself yesterday and, not knowing much about their rarity or
otherwise, wondered if those prices were way off the mark...

I have a 'saved search' on eBay for 'Vintage Computers' and in the last week
or so I've noticed it's gone from a handful of new listings per day, to a
couple of pages per day. It's a mixture of poorly categorised items (eg.
games for consoles), absolute rubbish (advertising pamphlets, punched cards,
centronics cables, 486 motherboards) and an influx of items with silly
prices (as you pointed out).

I suspect at some point eBay will eventually become almost "unusable"
without investing some serious (and regular) time and effort into tweaking
search filters and the like... :(

Regards,