[Coco] Read Coco floppies in my PC

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 16:14:52 EDT 2012

Yes, you were lucky :)

You'll notice that most of the documentation of this problem uses
words like "mostly, usually, probably" etc.
This is because there certainly were combinations of factors that
could make things work, or at least work fairly often.

Unfortunately, this was not very common, certainly not something to be
relied on.  I was working at Computerland (IBM service/sales) during
those days.  There were so many cases of people reporting broken fdd
due to this problem that IBM actually had us put big red stop sign
shaped stickers on the 5.25 in drives of new systems, with some text
about the DD/HD problem.

While there is certainly some chance that some 1.2MB fdd might writ
some disks the some Coco can read, it is a shot in the dark.