[Coco] Read Coco floppies in my PC

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Mar 30 23:11:56 EDT 2012

Bill wrote:
> The drives I just got are 1.2Mb, and I have tried several times to format a
> 360K disk, but for some reason it won't let me. I type in the command format
> b: /f:360 (which SHOULD work), but it gives me an error message.
>
> Has ANYONE been successful formatting a 360K disk in XP with a  1.2Mb drive?
>
> Thanks

There is no point in trying to use WinXP or DOS commands to format disks that
will be used with a Coco or Coco disk format. Besides which, if you have Coco
disks with data on them, why would you want to format them as that would erase
the data?

You want to be able to read/write these disks as Coco disks. Since you have
WinXP, you can't use any programs that rely on DOS as it does not exist with WinXP.
One simple way to access these disks is to use the VCC emulator. However, you
must also have fdrawcmd.sys installed as explained in the VCC "Welcome to
VCC.pdf" file.

http://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd