[Coco] Vcc mem>512

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Mar 30 08:14:56 EDT 2012

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> MFREE is reporting the same memory for 2M and 8M settings, what am I forgetting?
>
> SHF

NitrOS-9 cannot make use of more memory than 2M without a major rewrite. The
consensus of the NitrOS-9 development team is it isn't worth the effort.

However, you can write your own code to access that memory if you are careful
not to crash the OS-9 system. That means interrupts must be OFF so that the
system code can't permit other programs running while you are messing with the
MMU values. You had better get them back the way they were before engaging the
interrupts or the system will have a massive crash.