[Coco] Prototype/Breakout Board

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 13:58:05 EDT 2012

On 26/03/2012 16:17, John W. Linville wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 11:32:35PM -0400, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
>> Unidirectional Ouput from the Coco buss and microprocessor
>
> Someone did a project not too long ago that had an external CPU
> (maybe a Propeller?) driving the CoCo's video circuits and such.
> So, It seems like the address lines need to be bidirectional if you
> want something like that to work.

But to do this would you not need to be able to tri-state the bus ?
Unless you could just assert HALT and then drive the bus externally.

Though admittedly that would not be the normal way to use the bus.

BTW why do people seem to spell bus as buss, is this a US / UK English
thing ? I perticually notice it on this list which has a large number of
members in the US.

Cheers.

Phill.