[Coco] Starting DW4

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 23:32:31 EDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Richard E. Crislip
<rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:

> OK, I am good to go with the software, but I need to look into the serial port
> settings, right? If I remember correctly, HDB-DOS will use the bitbanger at
> 115kb/s, so I need to get the PC on the same page. Am I on the right track?

The settings are managed for you.  So long as you chose the right coco
model in the wizard, the rest is automagical.
Coco3 is 115.2k, coco2 is 57600.
You can verify what speed your serial port is operating at by typing
the following command into the command box along the bottom edge of
the DW gui:

dw s st

You will see something like:

DriveWire version 4.0.8f (03/25/2012) status:

Total memory:  83008 KB
Free memory:   40012 KB

Device:        COM10 (115200 bps)
CoCo Type:     0