[Coco] eprom programmer

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 18:54:35 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Frank Pittel  wrote:
> I've got a tube of 13 27128s that I would like to be able to do something with. As
> memory serves those eproms will work with the floppy controllers for the coco. My
> thought is to replace the eprom in my "primary" controller with a drivewire image.

Which floppy controller do you have?

A 27128 will work directly in an FD-502 controller so long as you
program the HDB-DOS DW code into the upper half (or both halves) of
the EPROM.

If you have an older controller with a 24 pin ROM socket, then you
will need something like the DOS Adapter from Cloud9.  That will allow
you to burn different DOSes into the two halves of the EPROM and use
the jumper to select which one you want to use.

An inexpensive Willem programmer (see eBay) can be used to burn 27128 EPROMs.

Darren