[Coco] Drivewire for Dummies - Part 2 - The Cable

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:31:33 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Chad H wrote:
> I used that image in conjunction with other diagrams I found to make the
> following cheat-sheet for the cable.  Maybe this will be useful.
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/?c91gj67kw7q6yzu  (CoCo DriveWire Serial Cable
> pin-out diagrams)

These descriptions which include Vcc in the cable are incorrect.  The
four signals are CD, RxD, GND and TxD.

There is also a modified version of the cable in which pins 1 and 2
(CD and RxD) are tied together.  This is necessary to achieve the 230
kbps bit rate, but will also work at the lower bit rates.

Darren