[Coco] Message sizes

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Fri Mar 23 12:06:14 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Just a note about message size and format.

FYI, the mailman server is set to strip HTML and forward only text
messages. So if you send HTML and expect anybody to see it, they won't.

Also, the message size limit is 40K. We still have dialup members and
also those who don't care for attachments in their messages. I've
just rejected two large messages this morning.

If you have an attachment and don't have a place to put it, you can
upload it to ftp://maltedmedia.com/incoming/ and email me personally
with that info. I'll move it to the NEWLY_RECEIVED directory and you
can link it there.

On the other hand, if you think I should increase the message size
limit, I can do that. But I won't if there are any objections.

Please keep the discussion off the list, and let me know PRIVATELY at
my email address above if you object and I'll leave the size limit alone.

Thanks!

Dennis