[Coco] Archiving a floppy disk collection

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 07:57:00 EDT 2012

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012, Allen Huffman wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2012, at 7:46 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>> Is it possible to do a raw sector copy in OS9?  Something along the
>> lines of 'dd' ?
>
> Yes :-)
>
> In fact, my program was going to run under OS-9 and just bulk copy
> tracks across DW, assuming I could attach images on the other side and
> they would just be Track n to Track n+...  I could figure it out later
> (this is why I asked you a year or two ago about a command to make them
> on the fly, actually).

Do you have a Linux system with a floppy controller at your disposal?
Many (not all, just ask Gene) can handle CoCo floppies without any
problem.  I routine use 'dd' to image diskettes in exactly that manner.

If you're in production line mode, just write a shell script that loops on
dd and prompts for the label and/or file name.