[Coco] @ Fischer: Jeff's DSKINI/RETRIEVE Utilities

Tue Mar 20 18:29:46 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chad H" <chadbh74 at hotmail.com>
To: "'CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts'" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] @ Fischer: Jeff's DSKINI/RETRIEVE Utilities

> Sorry but I just tried the CoCo3 Emulator versions of the tools you had
> linked to for comparison and its way worse than the version I already
> have.
> The DSKINI in the CoCo3 package you linked to makes disks that my CoCo
> can't
> even read, I get ?IO Errors like crazy.
> - Chad

Hi,

interesting!

If I was really interested, comparing the source for Jeff' and John's
versions of DSKINI would be the next step.

It has been many years and the Super I/O chips for the PC have changed with
many more functions added since John did his development and testing.

You are using a bulk tape eraser?

I have no working CoCo system, one of my PC's may have killed the 3.5" drive
that was borrowed from the CoCo.

And my main CoCo 3 with Distro controller and Hard Disk died taking out the
CoCo's CPU and the Distro controller.

I am done fighting CoCo hardware problems!

SHF