[Coco] Etiquette Question

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Mar 19 17:10:11 EDT 2012

> From: "Bruce W. Calkins" <brucewcalkins at charter.net>

> > From: Paulo Lindoso

> > eventually the conversation reached "toilet paper" and hence the
> > philosophical question: do you place the paper roll with the end
> > going down or up? Some people like sliding the top of the roll
> > to get the paper while others prefer to slide the bottom of it... :P

> The cats decided that question. If it unrolls over the top to hang off
> the front they would play with it until the whole roll was unwound on
> the floor. If it rolls over the top toward the back they would give
> the roll a spin and lose interest.

That's the way it is here.  Cats.  The aesthetics of how it looks on the wall are no contest compared to the anti-aesthetics of toilet paper all over the floor.

And after many decades using email and usenet, my standards are remarkably similar to Dennis's.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>

God does not play dice with the universe: He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who _smiles all the time_.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)