[Coco] Rainbow on Tape or Rainbow on Disk

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Mar 19 16:27:53 EDT 2012

On Monday, March 19, 2012 04:17:49 PM Brian Blake did opine:

> On 3/19/2012 11:09 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> > Actually I was talking about the sqlbbs link, not yours Brian, sorry.
> > But if yours also can't do passive mode, might be best to try and find
> > another option.
> >
> > I can host anything coco related and noncommerical for free, send me a
> > private message.
> >
> > -Aaron
>
>   If you want to host it, feel free. Everything on my FTP is available
> via Firefox/Google quite easily.
>
> Via an FTP client, it will work. You have to use the following username:
>
> anonymous at randomrodder.com
>
> ... to ftp.randomrodder.com - no password required. That allows you to
> use a client like FileZilla.
>
> Sorry if I seem a little testy about this issue. But the calls to fix it
> or remove it tend to piss me off a bit considering all I wanted to do is
> help contribute some - if the effort isn't appreciated, I'll remove it.
> After all, all of this IS available on RTSI or Maltedmedia. Sorry if
> some people cannot get to the files, but, most seem to be able to find
> them with little problem, based on the site traffic.

But Brian, this is the first time you have actually posted the password,
which I will add, works just fine for gFTP, I am looking at the top level
directory listing now.

The normal convention is to use 'anonymous' as the username, and enter your
email address as a password, this so that the user logging into the
anonymous account, can be logged as his email address is then in the logs.

Logging in as anonymous, then using anonymous at randomrodder.com for a pw
won't leave the potentially malicious users email addy in the logs.  Of
course the veracity of the person logging in cannot be actually proved in
any event.

That doesn't seem like a very good policy, no more in those logs than in my
/var/log/httpd/access_log.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it.