[Coco] Second Floppy

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:24:07 EDT 2012

True, if same drives and disks are used on a routine basis.  I guess I'm
just a die-hard purist. My 502 enclosure has 2 360k drives in good working
order, and I have an additional enclosure that's the same for a spare.  I
also have several bare drives boxed up for spares.  I was trying to stick
with real floppies for as long as possible..it just doesn't feel the same to
me linking over a cable to a PC for storage...feel like I'm operating some
sort of 'phantom' terminal..not coco'ish (a word?)  I also have many
unopened & sealed boxes of 360k disks stored up.

I do feel where your coming from though.  I have run into the same thing
with my cassette operations.  I don't know if its my CCR-81, or if it's the
tapes, but more and more often I'm getting load errors.  I've been using my
digital MD recorder instead of the tape drive itself recently, so I guess
that's sorta cheating.  I see e-bay still has new unopened cassettes though,
might try to get some and see how they behave, but now I've gotten sorta
used to not having to FF/Rewind tapes lol.  Oh well, c'est la vie.

- Chad