[Coco] Etiquette Question

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Mon Mar 19 12:25:51 EDT 2012

I'm a long time user of email and USENET and have to say that I prefer top
posting of replies. I understand the arguments for bottom posting but
although both my MUA and newsreader are text based they support threading
and I read threads from first to last. With top posting I can read a post
go to the next and if the reply is on top read the reply without having to
scroll to the bottom.

In the long run I don't care enough either way to kick up a fuss about top
or bottom posting. I simply adjust. :-) My biggest issue with "trimming"
replies is that it can be difficult to trim without messing up
attributions or removing context.

The Other Frank