[Coco] Second Floppy

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 11:29:49 EDT 2012

I was able to modify a trio of drives I got on Ebay a while ago, super
cheap considering the going prices of vintage 40 track DSDD ones: Teac
FD-55FV-13-U, they were not exactly drop-in replacements as they come
configured as 80 track 720k drives. Details on the retrofit were posted on
a very seldom maintained blog of mine:

http://mildmanneredengineer.blogspot.com/2010/05/vintage-computing-teac-fd-55fv.html

So there is an other option for you when looking for 5.25" drives for the
CoCo: the Teac FD-55FV with a minor modification :-)

-- RP