[Coco] OS-9 Hex Editor?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Mar 18 23:11:57 EDT 2012

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:06:10 PM K. Pruitt did opine:

> Is there a  hex editor (binary file editor or byte editor) available for
> OS-9 files?  I'm fairly certain one exists as I have a program here to
> update the CRC values of modified files, and several of my programs show
> evidence that I made some modifications to them, and yet I don't seem to
> have one on any of my disks - at least not on any of those that still
> work.
>
> Any info (like a file name) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Three programs come to mind, 1: dEd, which can change any byte on the disk,
including a verify/fix run on any file it is linked to, and 2: a utility I
wrote called vfy.  Run it w/o arguments for a help screen.

And 3: of course os9 has had a 'verify' of its own with a fix it option
since level 1 days.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You're using a keyboard!  How quaint!