[Coco] NitrOS-9 GET/PUT buffer questions

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Sat Mar 17 23:46:41 EDT 2012

On Mar 17, 2012, at 1:36 PM, James Dessart wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:
>
>> Can't answer all the questions. You are asking about the Windowing system
>> calls which normally would be issued with the display command. For example,

GrfDrv is in charge of this I believe, and memory for GP buffers are allocated and managed by it, I believe.  I don't think the memory for these comes from the OS's 64K address space.

Remember, the source is open and available (and browsable over the Internet) so it's possible to know what happens by looking directly at the source.

> Right, which I've been reading about. Is there a more direct interface
> to the screen through NitrOS-9, or would I have to hit the hardware
> directly?

VDGInt has support via SS.DScrn/SS.AScrn/etc GetStat calls which return the address of the screen.