[Coco] CocoDskUtil help

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 22:56:55 EDT 2012

The Orchestra 90 files are just standard basic binary files. The original Orch90 files created by the rom pac have no extension. The files created by model 1,3,4 and the coco orchestra master are in ascii format. If you're trying to read the disks from my website, they were saved on DMK format disks. They also will not load into Orchestra90 without "conversion". Since everyone seems to have problems with these I will re-upload them on JVC disks (converted) so they are more common and will play on Orch90. As far as "playing" orchestra90 files... without a proper player, it's impossible. Unlike musica and many other "music" players, orchestra90 "compiles" it's files into playable waveforms before they are played. Other players just mix simple waveforms as they are played. This is why the Orch90 music sounds much richer than say.. Musica. Also, the 8-bit dacs help in quality.

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com