[Coco] Read coco disks on a PC

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Mar 15 23:35:24 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:18:31PM -0500, John E. Malmberg wrote:

> The buffer overrun may cause problems with OS-9 or Flex-09 unless
> something is modified, but unless you have verify on, it is harmless to
> DISK Basic.

I don't know about FLEX, but OS-9 has a patch to read 512-byte sector
floppies (and it's built into nitrOS9).  Without that patch, the OS
will realize that the disk's not an OS-9 disk and flatly refuse to read it.

Check out the pcdos and rsdos programs under OS-9.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard