[Coco] DW4 with CoCo 2

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Mar 13 20:04:29 EDT 2012

haywire666 at aol.com wrote:
> Yeah me too but I'm confused a bit. Like where do I get the cable and does it not work with windows vista and 7 and only xp?
> do I need a floppy disk controller for my coco? I don't have one now but I don't want to do the tape load thing and does the disk controller
> have to be hd dos or whatever I've heard mentioned or can it be a regular radio shack one?

It is very easy to LOADM HDBDOS from a disk rather than tape. All you need to do
is have a header for the ROM that makes it load at say $3000. Also write a short
program that loads at say $7000. The second program turns off interrupts, copies
HDBDOS from $3000 to $C000, and then starts that DOS by jumping to $C002.

You can write a short Basic program that handles the above.
10 CLEAR 256,&H3000
20 LOADM"HDBDOS":LOADM"COPY":EXEC

Call this program HDBDOS and you can just RUN"HDBDOS" to get the ROM started.