[Coco] Prototyping boards/breadboards for coco cartridge port.

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:45:37 EDT 2012

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:10:40 -0400
From: Louis Ciotti <lciotti1 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Coco] Prototyping boards/breadboards for coco cartridge
       port.
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>

I maybe able to develop a simple proto board if someone has the correct
dimensions for the card edge connector, i.e. length, "pin" spacing, and
size.

If you or anyone reading this decides to make a board to plug into the
cartridge port,
PLEASE add some buffering. At the very least, add LS244s (or similar) to
the address/data lines,
as well as the appropriate logic to drive the buffers in each direction.

I remember buying a board from Laurence Tepolt's book (possibly), and using
it with Barden's book on assembly,
thinking how much better it could have been if a handful of discrete parts
were added, making it safer to interface to.
Even in those days, a few ICs wouldn't have added that much cost to a
plugin board.

If desperate, just open up a rompack, remove the ROM and solder some wires
to the edge connector.