[Coco] Color Error in VCC

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Mar 9 09:39:40 EST 2012

Bill Pierce wrote:
> Mine is giving white background on the graphics set. It could be something to do with the version of windows and the palette set being used by windows itself. This laptop is running XP. Or it could be something to do with the graphics card. My question is why does it show white on VCC and black on every other emulator I use? Could VCC somehow have it's palette's being initialized to the wrong startup colors? I will check this out on my big machine when I get home next week and what colors it shows because I know laptops can do screwy stuff sometimes. Whatever the condition causing this, Luis has the same conditions.

Hmmm, additional testing indicates that the color change, while related to the
Windows color set, is not totally controlled by it. In short, it is not
reproducible.
There is a second panel on the Appearance page, Advanced, that offers more color
selections. After I tried making a change on that panel, VCC became
non-sensitive to changes on the main panel; retaining correct colors regardless
of color set selection.