[Coco] Mission Accomplished!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:59:34 EST 2012

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Becker, Gary wrote:

> Steve
>
> Sorry it took me so long to respond to this thread. Boisy's adapter
> board was not designed to be a general purpose 6809 to 6502 adapter. It
> is designed to adapt a 6809 to the Atari version of the 6502. The Atari
> version has a different pin out with some signals not on the standard
> 6502. I am not saying it will not work, but you will need to compare the
> pin outs and see if any of the special pins that Atari included will
> cause problems.

Oh, I see.  That wasn't obvious to me at all, but I know there are a lot
of 6502 variants out there.  There's even a chip called a 6504 (6502 with
some of the address lines missing) that was used as the disk controller in
Apple Lisa machines.

Will that unit fit the more common Atari 800XL or 130XL?

Steve