[Coco] Mission Accomplished!

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Mar 1 18:37:49 EST 2012

While the 6809 was the big "Pro" for the CoCo, the even bigger "Con" was
the Bit-Map graphics system for games.  There was too much screen memory
that needs to updated on each game frame and why most CoCo games are
slow.  The Atari graphics system allowed for dramatic updates with very
little memory updates.  (Good for any CPU.)

Yes, putting a 6309 CPU will improve some stuff.  But its the graphics
system that limits most games.

Steve