[Coco] Mission Accomplished!

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Mar 1 15:48:16 EST 2012

As someone that programed "a few games" on both CPUs, the main advantage
of the 6809 over the 6502 is handling large data-types.  The other
problem with 6502 is the limited support for Object-oriented
programming.  6809 and 68000 series CPUs are geared for Object-oriented
code, even in Assembly.

The 6502 does lend itself to very tight and fast code.  (Important to
fast games.) So, most (re-coded) games will not see much (if any)
improvement because the CPU was changed to a 6809.

Steve