[Coco] Sound Chaser Multi-Format Music Player BETA

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Jun 29 08:30:09 EDT 2012

Actually it is possible Aaron, I have the program set in a wait state while the player is running. The player is actually running in another 64k workspace anyway., but... there will really be no need in the finished program as there will be a complete file selection routine.  You will be able to select from 1-300 songs no matter what format and when you hit play, they will all play in sequence. I've just been too busy trying to get the Lyra portion to play and haven't worked on the selection routine. If you notice, the filename will turn blue after hitting <Enter>, this is to let you know you have that file selected. Then they will turn green after playing, this is so you know that selection has played. There will be a hot key that will bring up a scrollable window with your selections in order of selection so you can go through and delete songs from the selection if you don't want them there. The Play menu will have all the selection edit cmds in it. I guess I need to pause a bit from the players and get the selection scheme finished.

As far as doing something else while song is playing.. On a Coco, producing sound takes 100% of the CPU. This is why most sound programs have interupts blocked while playing. The midi player on the other hand, has a small amount of time between blocks being sent, but most actions you would do would slow the song down a bit. Try playing an Umuse song, then go to another window and type "Dir". The song will skip or drag while the disk is being accessed and the disk access will stutter slightly. This is because the Midi driver only blocks interupts while it is sending data. When it is waiting on a countdown till time to send the next note, it's in sleep mode. But we are talking fractions of seconds here,

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com