[Coco] Sound Chaser Multi-Format Music Player BETA

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 19:37:38 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,
 I've finally posted a Beta version of the Sound Chaser Multi-Format Music Player for OS-9 on my Coco Music site.
This is by no means a release and is put up for those who would like to try it out and give some feedback. Currently, it will only play
two music formats. Ultimuse & Musica. Orchestra 90 & Lyra are getting real close to completion and will be added soon as will be a standard midifile player! I have provided a variety of music on the demo disk as well.
In my Ultimuse player, there is the ability to play Midi through the Coco Serial port, Speech Systems Midi Pak of which Gleneside's pak is compatable, and any user Midi interface that uses the /MIDI driver. Yep... that means it will now play through Drivewire flawlessly. You can even select which DW sound source you want to use right from the menu. This means all you who've not been able to play Midi due to lack of Midi hardware can now do so with Sound Chaser & Drivewire.
The Musica player will play music through the Coco's 6 bit dac or the Orchestra 90 pak and the Speech Systems Stereo pak, BOTH IN FULL STEREO. Of cource you have to have the paks plugged into a stereo sound system for this to work. Now if Aaron would just write in an 8-bit stereo sound driver for DriveWire that had to write enabled ports... :-)   The Orch90 function also works real well in the emulators.

What I need:
I need people with an Orch90 pak and Speech Systems pak to try this out and let me know if there's any problems.
Also, Does anyone own a ColOrchestra Midi pak? or the InterComp Sound Midi interface?
I have the info on the colorchestra pak and can write a drive in for that, but I have no info on the InterComp Sound Midi pak.

Also... does anyone know how to detect whether or not these paks are present? I know there's a way and I would like to be able to disable the menu option for those paks not present on a system on program startup.

And most of all PLEASE read the SoundChaser.doc file found in the root directory of the Demo disk image.

 So click here for your listening pleasure
https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/sound-chaser

And for info on my other projects coming soon..
https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/coco-projects

And there's always my studio recorded Coco music...
https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/home/the-music
And the Coco with me on Guitar...
https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/the-performance

Please let me know of any bugs you may find or any suggestions you may have
Thanks All...

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com