[Coco] OS9 display server added to DW4

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Jun 27 11:51:26 EDT 2012

My Sub-Etha Software partner, Terry Todd, also wrote one for RS-DOS that did that. At the time, he had plans of trying to make it handle graphics modes and the mouse, but we never got to it. I forgot all about that.

I think I did see the PC version running at a Fest once. I also forgot all about that.

I rewrote my EthaWin text GUI to have a mode to just pass control codes so it would work over Terry's terminal program -- no mouse, but you could use ALT-keys to access the menus and pop-ups and such.  I think the main thing was not having the app manually open up a new /w window to use.

This was later reused when I ported the OS-9/68K MM/1 version of EthaWin (and the Towel disk utility) to work via Termcap. I wrote a wrapper library that emulated most of the C3Windowing control codes (overlay windows, etc.).

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my iPad.