[Coco] Drivewire?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 06:37:58 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

> I checked the "used midi" it was on... then a little while later... after 2 or 3 restarts from errors... it was on. There's something funky 'bout the whole midi menu thing though. When I use the MS GS wavetable or mapper, I get nothing sometimes... it stutters others, Jave sound worked fine. Then I discovered if I call it with DW cmds... it works fine. I've tried it several times. On old version as well as new... could be my system though. The PC I'm using is old and has problems. I may try reinstalling my soundcard since I hadn't used it in about 3 or 4 years, It may have some currupted dlls. I don't normally use this PC for sound and my studio PC has no serial port. I should have one is a couple of weeks
> Any suggestions on a good USB 2 Serial? I'll be running a quad core AMD with windows vista.
>
> Now to the errors I was getting... seems the Library browser has a file limit on how many disks can be in a directory. I have some direcotries that crash drivewire while I'm just scrolling in the left pane with nothing in the viewer. I may need to sort the disks and make smaller dirs. These were pretty big as I was sorting them to sub-dirs and this was my presort-viewing dir. The error pane said somethin about "too many"... can't remember. Next time I'll copy it and past it for ya.

Its odd that anything would work differently between the gui and the
dw command, because the GUI just sends dw commands. It will show you
the commands its sending on the UI tab, maybe it's sending something
incorrect?

If you just click the button to send an error report in the window
that displays when an error occurs, I'll get all the details I need.

The library tool is still pretty experimental.  I'm not surprised it
struggles with large directories.  It can be improved in that regard,
I just haven't spent much time optimizing as I'm still sorting out how
exactly it's going to work.

If you (or anyone else) has ideas, suggestions, complaints about the
library tool, this is the time to let me know.  I'm adding tools like
duplicate disk detection, searching, etc.

-Aaron