[Coco] OT: Who wants an Alpha?

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Tue Jun 12 15:01:29 EDT 2012

Now, about 6 years ago, I also had literally a stack of DEC workstation, the MIPS flavor, including the rare DS5000 with the R4000.
All were running Ultrix, I think 4.1 or 4.2. Also had VAXstations, including (2) 60's and a 90A (if I remember the models right - it was THE
most desirable one. eBayed those many many moons ago - 2002 or so I'd guess?)

The previously mentioned AlphaServer 1000a's went to Jay Maynard, one of the guys from the Hercules IBM Mainframe Emulator team.
I think there were (2) working servers, plus a stack of about 10-12 spare hot-swap HDD's - 4.3GB I believe.

Tony