[Coco] organize maltedmedia

Tony tonym at compusource.net
Sun Jun 10 20:12:16 EDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-06-10 at 17:02 -0700, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dennis owns the server, there is a moderator or two.
>
> Luis is the person who has done some work on Maltedmedia.
>
> I suggest that you PM him and work out a plan, I am sure he is organized,
> just not able to move the files due to other fun CoCo projects.
>
> I am sure that Luis and Dennis will welcome more help if you pass the test
> of not being a bad person.
>
> We have to be careful as there is a "sick" person out there with a stated
> goal of destroying us.
>
> He would jump at the chance to have the power you would need.
>
> So please do not be offended with the questions you might be asked.
>
> I myself would use thumb screws, a rack and so on to get truthful answers.
> Wait, that did not work for the CIA.
>
> SHF

> > OK since:
> > A) I'm not a programmer and..
> > B) I'm not a hardware guy
> >
> > Can I volunteer to take over the archiving and Maltedmedia FTP? This
> > leaves this "other person" to continue what they're doing, and I can
> > handle the archive.
> >
> > Who owns the maltedmedia.com ftp site server?

That wouldn't be an issue - I've been on this list probably 18-20 years,
going back to the Princeton days :) I'm thinking really early 90's.

And actually, if you review the old CIS stuff, you'll find messages from
me (76576,2064) dating to at least 1985, but maybe as far back as 1983!

Funny... I was discussing some other stuff with Boisy and Mark the other
night, and last night, trying to find some stuff, I actually found the
invoice from Mark/Cloud 9 for my TC^3 SCSI controller from 2000.

Dang, Mark! I didn't realize it's been 12 years since I got it from
you!!! And yeah, the Pro-Tector+ and 6309 CPU are on there also!

Time sure does fly...