[Coco] The Apple II source code for Prince Of Persia- found after 22 years

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Wed Jun 6 08:40:13 EDT 2012

That's the case with most ports from another system. I started what I
thought was going to be a port from a GW-BASIC program to the CoCo3 once
(the genealogy program I "wrote"). I had to re-write 90% of the code. I
did give the original author credit, but instead of "ported from" I used
"based on" in the credits. I used concepts and basic framework, but
little actual code. It was a PD program, by the way. I did the same with
a checkbook program, but was able to use a bit more of the original
code... only rewrote 75-80% of that one. Those were all text based
programs, I can't imagine rewriting a GRAPHICS based program!